Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dota - Acefondu

Ok...so apparently there is someone out there naming themselves "acefondu" in the game of Dota online. I take offense to this only because he is harming my good name of AceFondu. I have long been AceFondu online in various forms and am very surprised to see someone else even use the name for how obscure it is. I also lost the name on Twitter too, I wonder if it is the same guy?

In any case apparently, he has been a naughty Dota player and shows up on a few ban requests. Be that as it may, let it be known that THIS AceFondu has never played a game of Dota in his entire life and never will. I find it to be a boring waste of time and consider myself a much more cultured gamer able to play multiple games rather than use all my time into one...very tedious game like Dota appears to be.

As often as I post and ridicule games like this and WoW for their soul sucking merits it should be clear to my fellow readers (not that there are any) that I am in fact not this person. It is unfortunate my online persona name had to be taken by someone. I do not claim to be the first AceFondu (though I assume I was) since it's really impossible to pinpoint so I'm not here to lay claim over the name. But considering how many places I have it registered one could easily infer that I am also the one playing Dota which I am not, and it offends me as a gamer that my online persona could be tarnished by the likes of a rouge Dota player. It wouldn't be so bad if they played nice and were friendly, as I like to represent myself online, but sadly this is not the case it seems.

I only discovered this person by getting randomly AIMed by his fellow Dota cohort, or rather, another name of his perhaps. This rude person would only repeat what I said to him instead of converse with me in an adult manner.

Still, it is rather amusing to google search AceFondu and see countless posts by me online in various gaming forums and only see a few sparse posts in Dota from this fellow and he claims to be AceFondu over me? Very odd indeed. I only hope the spread of my name does not hinder other gamers online thusly tarnishing my otherwise good name known across other online games like Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, and so on and so on.

Hopefully, though, next time someone searches Dota with AceFondu this article comes up better explaining my situation. Thank you dear readers for supporting me, and to the rouge child-like AceFondu out there...please grow up and live a better standard of the pseudonym of AceFondu.

No comments: