Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Nintendo E3 Reactions

Hello Start Button Viewers

This is the first of three videos coming out this week. We tell you our reactions to the Nintendo Press Conference at the E3 Media Summit.



Editorial From Keith: Nintendo pulled off a big win last year at E3. This year was about keeping the momentum and moving forward. I think they did not achieve that. Not failed per say, but their showing was a bit cautious and lackluster.

I am not saying that Nintendo had no reason to be cautious, in fact they had every reason. The Wii is poised to take over the 360 as leading console of this generation. I feel that they were overly cautious. They only gave out four announcements that I consider to be big.

1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is going to be released December 3rd.
2. Super Mario Galaxy is going to be released November 12th
3. Wii Mario Kart 1st Quarter 2008
4. Wii Fit.

Nintendo could have done so much more. They have an arsenal that could put them over the top. Games that we know are (or were) in development. The games I was looking forward to was Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Animal Crossing, and Wii Music. We know from last year these were in development. Nintendo even stated that these were there big games in there 2007 lineup. Yet one look at the press site for Nintendo tells a tragic story. Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Disaster: Day of Crisis, titles that had entries on the press site no longer there. Reports are coming in the Project H.A.M.M.E.R.'s development is on hold and Disaster: Day of Crisis's development is coming along and is "looking very good".

So I am hoping that one day soon I will get to play all of these games. Until then, I will still play my Wii Sports, wondering of the games that are yet to be.

No comments: