Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just why did I buy all these games anyways?


So here it is, 11 pm, Saturday night, January, and above all, 2009. Over the past year, I have bought two game systems, and well over 50 games for every system i own, from the N64 ranging to the PS3. And I'm FLIPPING BORED. Does anyone else find this happening to them? I've played every single one of those games, and goodness knows for every game I've ever beaten, there are a dozen I never finished. I own hundreds of them, with over thirty on the PS2 alone. At least twenty DS games, a dozen game boy games, thirty N64 games, countless PS1 games, Sega, Game gear, Dreamcast, Xbox. Hell, I even have a game on my frickin' iPod! MY IPOD.

My point is that I have all of these games, and for some reason, every now and then, nothing holds my attention. Tonight alone I've played Banjo Kazooie, A Link to the Past, A Shadow of Destiny, Shadowgate 64, Shadows of the Empire, Metal Gear Solid 4, and RE: 4. NONE of them have held my attention at all. I love every one of them, and I want to play them all, but for some reason... meh. I have this odd feeling of really desperately wanting to play a game, but I simply can't figure out which one it is.

Even more interestingly, why on earth am I not playing the Final Fantasy games I haven't beat? Or finishing Farcry 2 or Fallout 3? All of them are amazing games, all of them deserve to be beaten... but for some reason I currently find them supremely unappealing. So instead I find myself doing the gamer version of walking the earth, drifting from game to game, searching for some undefinable something. Something in a game that would just... hold my attention. Hell, even a second playthrough of Silent Hill: Homecoming is warranted, but not done.

I can't be the only gamer who has this malady. I've never been able to solve it. The only solution seems to be to immediately buy or rent something comepletely new, and hope that my mind stays with it long enough to beat it. What is it that causes this gaming wanderlust? Why do i continue to buy new games when I haven't even beaten the ones I have? Why don't games that used to keep me rapt hold me for even ten minutes anymore? I have no bloody idea, but if I ever find a solution, I'll let you know. Until next time, folks, may your wiimote never run out of batteries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A shared trap hosting advantage or understood hosting repair or receive host refers to a cobweb hosting checking where various websites reside on one web server connected to the Internet. Each placement "sits" on its own break-up, or section/place on the server, to keep it sort from other sites. This is on average the most thrifty choice notwithstanding hosting, as diverse people allocation the inclusive set someone back of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]